Thursday 31 January 2013

My Top 10 Web Curation Tools As a Teacher


Hi everyone. This is a post I am supposed to publish last night but my laptop crashed on me because of a virus and I spent the whole night figuring out how to fix it. My screen was black with a white cursor in the middle, it was really a stressful night but finally I got it fixed. Be careful with the links you click on.

I got some emails from some of you asking for the some curation web tools I use so here is a list of my top 10 in no particular order.This selection is subjective and there are several other tools out there but from my own experience with content curation I find the ones below the best performing web tools. Check them out and share with us what you think of them. Enjoy

1- Scoopt.it

This is my favorite web curation tool. It allows you to create categories to which you scoop links and materials you find online. It also has a bookmarklet that you can install on

2- Livebinder

This another cool tool I use to organize and bookmark my resources. The same principle as Scoop.it you can create different binders and use the bookmarklet to help you your livebindering

3- Evernote

This is probably one of the most popular web tools but for me I use the mobile app more than I do with the web based one.

4- Pinterest

This is a visual bookmarking tool that lets you pin web resources to the different pinboards you create.


5- Educlipper

Educlipper is a relatively new web service that is gaining more and more in popularity each day. This digital educational clipboard requires invitation request

6-  Bundlr

I like how Bundlr works. You can use it to create bundles of web content. It does require a sign up which you can do using either your Twitter, Facebook, or Google account.

7- Bag The Web

Curate web content to make your own topic bags. You can publish and share your expertise with others. Bagging is teaching and learning.


8- Springpad

Springpad is another great tool to use to save your digital content. The good thing about it is that whatever you save on your computer it syncs automatically to your mobile app

9- Paperl.li

This is a web tool that allows you to create an online newspaper from the photos, videos, and articles you come across online.

10- Netvibes

Netvibes provides you with a handy dashboard where you can organize your web content, tweets and feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment